[webarch-websites] Prices

Adam adam at webarch.net
Fri Nov 21 12:19:42 GMT 2014

Hi,

On 21/11/14 11:49, Chris Croome wrote:

> On Thu 20-Nov-2014 at 11:21:09AM +0000, Mark Nielsen wrote:
>>
>> I find Webarch's server costs to be a bit too high for me as a small
>> development firm.
>
> You are not the only one in that position...
>
> Adam has done some recent work on the cost of server resources and might
> be able to share them with the list.

Not yet there yet -- would like some metrics on bandwidth but am
interested in making them as low as possible as long as they are
sustainable.

... I
> guess unless we start to charge people for the time spent pestering them
> to pay their invoices... but this is probably not a good idea!

If we adopt a protocol of say,

* sending out the invoices with the pay date clearly indicated
* if not paid by that date, sending out a polite reminder, and
* if that doesn't work, then redirecting the clients site to a page that
asks the client to please get in touch ?

Adam