[webarch-websites] Website refreshment: introducing myself/opening thoughts

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 15:11:04 GMT 2014

Hi

On Mon 27-Oct-2014 at 02:34:01PM +0000, Jonathan wrote:

> For myself I wondered whether we should produce some kind of logo
> and/or more prominent statement to *visually* link them and clearly
> show that the 3 are all run by one organisation?

Makes sense to me.

> I just want to clarify re Chris's suggestion re ecohost.coop as a
> single page site ~ I think we planned to retain the order-online
> facilities, that would remain?

We were considering if we need forms at all, if retention of PayPay
payments is essential then we could set it up to use PayPay directly as
we have on ecodis.net but a better way forward would be to look at
working with ethecol, cardpayments.coop.

Nick also suggested replacing forms with mailto: links -- this would
have the advantage of not needing any server side application to process
forms.

> Also I'd like to understand more how the suggested sysadmin.coop
> website would work.

The idea was that it would be for advertising hourly sysadmin work.

All the best

Webarchitects Co-operative
http://webarchitects.coop/
+44 114 276 9709