[webarch-websites] Welcome to the Webarchitects websites list!

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 18:11:55 GMT 2014

Hi

On Fri 24-Oct-2014 at 08:37:02PM +0100, Nick Hardiman wrote:

> On 24 Oct 2014, at 18:47, Chris Croome <chris at webarchitects.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >
> > - This list, should it have open archives? Any reason why not? It
> >   doesn't now but I'd be happy to open them if others are OK with
> >   that.
>
> > - List membership, should we invite other co-op members to join in
> >   if interested? I think we probably should using the webarch-members
> >   list.
>
> Open is fine by me.

OK, changed.

> Does the membership list include usability experts who will chip in
> for free?

I don't know for sure.

> > - What application(s) are we going to use for the sites? I have been
> >   playing with http://jekyllrb.com/ but Alan would prefer something
> >   written in python rather than ruby. Suggestions?
>
> http://getnikola.com
> https://github.com/getnikola/nikola/blob/master/nikola/nikola.py

Sounds good to me, Alan, are you happy to use this application?

I could use the Jekyll Drupal importer to convert the existing site into
files.

> > - What are we going to have on what site? I think that perhaps
> >   reducing ecodissident.net and ecohost.coop to single pages sites
> >   (and perhaps create a sysadmin.coop single page site) and then have
> >   everything else on webarch.net might be a way to go.
>
> Any information architects hanging out with the UX people?

Again I don't know.

> I would say a homepage has up to 10 seconds to describe the big
> picture. https://www.webarch.net would have to be ruthlessly adapted.

Sounds good, the only thing I was thinking of keeping was the logo.

> Please feel free to tell me this is all garbage, and there are far
> better answers.

All makes sense to me :-)

All the best

Webarchitects Co-operative