[webarch-websites] https://webarch-dev.host1.webarch.net/

jonathan at webarch.net jonathan at webarch.net
Thu Nov 20 09:35:17 GMT 2014

 A couple of quick hurried thoughts about the website - more on
 content/how we work
 Sorry I'm not up to date with discussion  hope this doesn't cover old
 ground...

 1. I have noticed one or two potential customers going away becasue
 they perceived we're (a) expensive (b) not offering 24/7 support:
 I wonder whether we should tackle this head-on by stating we don't try
 to compete on price with corporate forces, we value work-life balance,
 we don't offer 24/7 but respond ASAP to emails, and we have almost no
 complaints about our service etc.

 2. Re doing a blog: I write 700 words a month it takes me between 5-10
 hours, to do something decent, conscientious, researched, written in
 plain English, and hopefully worth reading.
 I couldn't write alone about the areas Webarchitects would cover but
 instead after a group discussion I could go away and turn something into
 an article.
 How long's a typical blog? They vary a lot, but the point is that
 several hours work for a blog posting worth circulating is a kind of
 investment in longer-term consciousness raising, alongside promoting our
 services, but it's not a small commitment. It's the equivalent of at
 least a day's work, maybe two. Can we spare that? I hope so. Perhaps if
 we aimed at one a month ... ?

 In a rush
 Jonathan