[webarch-websites] information architecture

Jonathan jonathan at webarch.net
Mon Nov 17 14:43:31 GMT 2014

Re Blog: you're right Nick it is a big commitment; but I think we DO
want to go for that and we'll have a go at putting some time into our
working week to post, perhaps aim at weekly? What does every one else think?

ALSO I think these emails aren't going to the list for some reason, just
mentioning

Cheers
Jonathan

On 17 Nov 2014, at 13:22, Jonathan <jonathan at webarch.net> wrote:

 >> https://ecodissident.net/ <https://ecodissident.net/>
 >> single page site for...what?
 >> story
 >> ? If hosting information is removed, I'm not entirely sure what this
 >> site would be for. Perhaps a source of information for activists?
 >>
 > I LIKE that idea (info for activists) ...maybe with a big strapline
something like "Info service provided by Webarchitects co-operative,
which offers website hosting and system administration with
activist-level security"

Would you like to see a blog here? With small and regular content
contributions, an RSS feed and email subscription (some prefer mailing
lists).

The tech to make it go is no problem, but regular content updates may
be. The fresher the content, the more search-engine friendly it is. All
it takes is a couple lines a day, but that's actually quite a
commitment. Some people try to automate this process, but in my opinion,
blog-roll-style aggregators and sites like http://paper.li/ don't do a
good job.

Who would regularly post comments, news and links?