[webarch-websites] information architecture

Nick Hardiman nick at internetmachines.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 12:45:52 GMT 2014

Opinions please. These WA sites need to be clearly defined.
https://ecohost.coop/
https://sysadmin.coop/
https://ecodissident.net/
https://www.webarch.net/
How does this sound to you?

https://ecohost.coop/
single page site offering various types of hosting.

story (this example is from Mark)
"We work with your website team to take responsibility for security and traffic spikes, which means they don't get bogged down by server issues and can keep focused on design/development".

requires page migration. Move pages from
* http://www.webarch.co.uk/hosting
* http://www.ecodissident.net/virtual-servers
* http://www.ecodissident.net/hosting
* ecohost.coop/hosting-plans

https://ecodissident.net/
single page site for...what?

story
? If hosting information is removed, I'm not entirely sure what this site would be for. Perhaps a source of information for activists?

https://sysadmin.coop/
single page site for advertising hourly sysadmin work.

story
Hire an experienced Linux sysadmin to support your organization.
Our sysadmin joins your meetings, manages your machines, supports out of hours, ...

https://www.webarch.net/
multi-page site for everything else. What a co-op is, who uses it, why its the best option for some customers

story
Working with a co-op is better because it focusses on collaboration, not profit.

Add a co-op partner member facility. Features for investors, partners and workers (https://www.webarch.net/rules).
* a page that lists members of our co-op who offer supporting services
eg. web design work from mc3.coop, javascript work from , wordpress, drupal work from http://flet.org/.

--
On the tech side, each site gets its own git repository and nikola page generation.

Nick Hardiman
Director, Internet Machines Ltd
nick at internetmachines.co.uk
www.internetmachines.co.uk