[Petal] Stripping XML declaration

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Thu Jan 13 22:33:26 GMT 2005

> IMHO when putting fragments together Petal should remove them from
> everywhere but the top of documents and perhaps Petal should also
> use them for what they are intended -- character sets... I did raise
> this with Jean-Michel ages and ages ago but it wasn't something that
> interested him...

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure I see why you'd be putting together fragments which would
have XML declarations in them. If you use Metal, it looks to me that you
would be able to define slots inside of your valid XHTML/XML documents
then pull those into your master document without getting the XML
declarations. However, I've only barely begun to try using Metal macros
so may very well not understand what you are trying to accomplish.

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com