[Petal] Re: Petal wish list

William McKee william@knowmad.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:33:33 -0400

Jean-Michel,

Oh, I see now the differences between TAL and Petal. Please don't break your
existing functionality in order to make it TAL compliant! Your syntax seems much
more useful. I definitely agree about the inflexion operator. I'm perhaps one of the
few to be glad to see that changing in Perl6. Shows my Win* background.

I'm not sure I understood what you meant by Petal using run-time includes. I would
have thought that METAL was basically what I was asking for in a previous email
(i.e., expressions). By run-time includes, do you mean adding new modules which
can do encoding via the ":ucfirst title" type syntax?

William

--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration