[Petal] Creating a mailto href tag

William McKee william@knowmad.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:59:08 -0400

I'm hoping for some input on a better way to create a mailto href. I'm passing in an
email address to my script which I want to make into a mailto href. It seems the
easiest format would be:

<a petal:content="email" petal:attr="href mailto:email">email</a>

However, I doubt that would work (although I haven't actually tried it, though) and
have resorted to the following format:

<a petal:content="email" href="mailto:<?petal:var name="email"?>">email</a>

Perhaps I need to build a :href modifier... Just looking for some ideas.

Thanks,
William
--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration