[Petal] Re: Petal wish list

William McKee william@knowmad.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:48:08 -0400

On 25 Jul 2002 at 15:29, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> I must admit that I wasn't thinking about publicity (yet)... I was
> waiting for you to run out of bug reports to start making real noise
> about it...
>
> The best way to kill open-source software is to release it when it's too
> immature, at the moment I'm quite happy to have a couple of testers to help
> me squeezing out the bugs.

I think that's a wise decision to wait til you have something to release. There are too
many SF projects that have little or nothing to show for themselves.

> When I feel it's stable enough (probably in a month or so) I'll release
> a version 1.0 and I'll then start implement new features... At this
> point making noise might be good.

Thinking about new features....are you ever considering doing a complete
implementation of the TAL specs? I don't really know much about them but you
mentioned that Petal implements only a subset right now. Maybe that's all we'll ever
need...

> Anyway feel free to write to Reuven Lerner, he might find this so cool that
> he'd come back to Perl :-)

Let's hope so ;->. I will write to him and let him know that you are in the process of
beta testing so that he realizes there may still be a bug or two in the module.

Regards,
William
--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration