[Petal] Petal, mod_perl and cached templates

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver@mkdoc.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 15:29:58 +0100

On Fri 02-Aug-2002 at 10:18:18AM -0400, William McKee wrote:
> Jean-Michel,
>
> I again experienced the error message I reported earlier this week
> while running under mod_perl. I reloaded the page which resulted
> in a blank template except for the data from the last include that I
> performed in the template. I reloaded the page again and all was
> back to normal.
>
> So, it seems like the errors are occurring when the cache is empty
> or at least dirty. Hope that helps in tracking down the problems.

Hi William,

  Maybe you could start httpd with the -X switch to track down the
  problem? (-X starts only one apache process, making it easier to track
  down mod_perl related problems).

  I'm going to start (finally) to use Petal myself for some paid work
  that I have to do, so you can expect more bugfixes in the weeks to
  come.

IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB
  Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director
  jhiver@mkdoc.com