Reply-To [was: Re: [spurkis@mkdoc.com: Re: Sessions and Users, was: Re: [Pangloss] [RFC] OpenFrame AppKit ideas]]

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Thu Apr 10 13:58:50 BST 2003

On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 11:35  am, Chris Croome wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think this was supposed to go to the list...

Certainly was.  forgot to cut n paste again.

> Regarding Steves request for munging the Reply-To header -- have you
> read this?
>
>   "Reply-To" Munging Considered Harmful
>   An Earnest Plea to Mailing List Administrators
>   http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Skimmed through it, and while there are valid points I still think
setting Reply-To is handy for lists.  It's that "Don't make me think"
principle, coupled with the fact that it's easier to change a mailing
list's config than a mailer.  Still, I'll pester Apple too :).

-Steve