[MKDoc-users] Installation Glitches

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Thu Jun 5 10:12:24 BST 2003

> Well, I really don't want to add another mailing list, and I seem to be
> making progress. I finally got all the perl components and the
> installation started with the warning that if I already had a MkDoc site
> this would overwrite all the data and am I really, really sure that I
> want to do this, so I said "y" and then:
>
>> Checking for Perl 5.005_03... OK
>> Checking for DBI... OK
>> Checking for DBD::mysql... OK
>> Trying to connect to MySQL... FAILED
>>
>> DBI connect('database=makedoc1','makedoc1',...) failed: Access denied
>> for user: 'makedoc1 at localhost' (Using password: YES) at install.pl
>> line 601

So basically you are in the following situation:

1/ typing mysql -umakedoc1 -pmakedoc1 makedoc1 on the command line works
2/ connection to mysql fails in the install script (while being logged
as the the same user)

Have you got the latest version of DBI? DBD::mysql?
Are you using any other perl scripts that connect to MySQL?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.