[MKDoc-users] Installation Glitches

Roger Merritt mcrogerm at stjohn.ac.th
Thu Jun 5 10:04:02 BST 2003

At 08:53 PM 6/4/03, you wrote:
>hi jean-michel,
>
>actually the best place to ask questions about installation of MKDoc is
>the admin list:

>... although no doubt we'd answer them where ever they landed ;)
>
>--
>adam
>
>Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
>
>>Anyway have fun playing around with MKDoc. The installation can be a bit
>>tricky sometimes so don't hesistate to ask questions on the users list.

making progress. I finally got all the perl components and the installation
started with the warning that if I already had a MkDoc site this would
overwrite all the data and am I really, really sure that I want to do this,
so I said "y" and then:

>Checking for Perl 5.005_03... OK
>Checking for DBI... OK
>Checking for DBD::mysql... OK
>Trying to connect to MySQL... FAILED
>
>DBI connect('database=makedoc1','makedoc1',...) failed: Access denied for
>user: 'makedoc1 at localhost' (Using password: YES) at install.pl line 601

When I tried logging in at the command line using the username 'makedoc1'
and password 'makedoc1' and then entered the command "use makedoc1'
everything worked. Although I would surely want to change things for a
production version, I just used the values given in the MkDoc installation
instructions for this experiment, and checked to make sure those are the
same values in 'install.conf'. I'm not sure what to try next. I haven't
played much with perl for a couple of years, but I've recently been
experimenting with PHP, and had no trouble using my databases from web
pages I created.

If I have any more trouble I'll join the admin list long enough to get the
problems resolved.

--
Roger