[MKDoc-users] Re: Javascript in the Editors Interface

Renato Feijó renato@feijo.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 12:45:34 +0100

>No, not at the moment, but we really do want it to be as accessible
>as possible and some people do use voice browsers that work like lynx
>and personally I like to have lynx as an option.

Well, it's a far too wide audience. Having all the html, css, accessiblity,
etc, validation is great. But the most important is validating the system
against users. You can't provide acceptable usability for both voice and
javascript-enabled agents with the same user interface. Voice agent users
have different kinds of task support hardware and software, such as speech
recognition systems, and the interaction design for them is quite different.

>Perhaps the
>medium term answer would be to to have two different web editor
>interfaces.

That's it. Even three (voice, text and "normal" agents), maybe. Anyway,the
emphasis should not be on the technology per se, but on the support of
users' tasks. It should be solution focused, and validated by thorough user
testing.

Cheers
Renato