[MKDoc-dev] Events Component and 1.8

Bruno Postle bruno at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 12:17:35 BST 2004

On Wed 27-Oct-2004 at 10:21 +0100, Chris Croome wrote:

> 1. The events listing component should list events on versioned (or
>    hidden, but this should apply to 1.6 also) pages.

[Chris meant "shouldn't list events on versioned pages"]

The various *_showable() methods already take this into account.
This should not be a problem.

>    For example, say the local LUG have an /meetings/ page with the
>    description "Sometown LUG meetings." and several events components
>    for the upcomming meetings:

>      Linus to talk about the kernel

>      RMS to talk about Free software

No you are confused by earlier discussions, we have not created
anything resembling an 'Event' component.

The event is the document, multiple TimeRange components indicate
that the event recurs on separate occasions - Not separate events.

This is clearly a case where each event should have a separate
document:

    /meetings/linus-torvalds/
    /meetings/richard-stallman/

If there are two separate events by the same person covering
different subjects, this should be structured like this:

    /meetings/richard-stallman/free-software/
    /meetings/richard-stallman/patents/

--
Bruno