[MKDoc-dev] Events Component and 1.8

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 10:21:56 BST 2004

Hi

A few things occurred to me that we will need consider when adding the
events component to the 1.8 version of MKDoc.

1. The events listing component should list events on versioned (or
   hidden, but this should apply to 1.6 also) pages.

2. Since each event will be able to have it's own URI (a frag id
   generated from the Title) we will be able to generate events RSS
   feeds. Since the title of the event will be the event title perhaps
   it would also make sense to have an event description rather than
   using the page description?

   For example, say the local LUG have an /meetings/ page with the
   description "Sometown LUG meetings." and several events components
   for the upcomming meetings:

   - January Meeting

     Linus to talk about the kernel

   - Feburary Meteing

     RMS to talk about Free software

   It might not be so great of the RSS feed don't have the descriptions
   of the events themselves...