[MKDoc-dev] Missing file conf/user.conf?

Bruno Postle bruno at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 08:20:31 BST 2004

On Wed 13-Oct-2004 at 20:41 -0400, Sam Tregar wrote:

>    /home/sam/mkd/conf/users.conf does not exist at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/CGI/Carp.pm line 314.

> On a hunch I linked users.conf to www.conf and that seemed to
> work.  Was that the right thing to do?

Actually that will do fine, though the users domain is superfluous.

MKDoc-1.6 requires two domain names, typically they are something
like www.example.com and users.example.com.  The 'www' domain is
public and is the same for all visitors.  The 'users' domain is
authenticated - ie. you need to have an account to access it - This
is where you edit content etc...

www.conf defines the policy for the 'www' domain and users.conf
defines the policy for the 'users' domain.

With MKDoc-1.8 we merged everything into one domain: 'www', but the
installation script still sets-up 'users' although this no longer has
any purpose and should be removed.

--
Bruno