[MKDoc-dev] Missing file conf/user.conf?

Sam Tregar sam at tregar.com
Thu Oct 14 01:41:47 BST 2004

Hello all.  I'm working on installing MKDoc 1.8 from CVS.  I've
completed all the steps in INSTALL.TXT but I'm getting an error when I
try to log in:

   /home/sam/mkd/conf/users.conf does not exist at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/CGI/Carp.pm line 314.

Grepping the source for users.conf shows it getting setup in
MKDoc::Site::ConfigWriter::Httpd_Conf:

  SetEnv        MKD__PLUGIN_LIST        $MKDOC_DIR/conf/users.conf

This line ends up in the generated httpd/httpd.conf.

If I create an empty file called conf/users.conf I don't get the error
anymore, but all I get is an empty screen after logging in.  On a
hunch I linked users.conf to www.conf and that seemed to work.  Was
that the right thing to do?

-sam