[MKDoc-dev] Proposed event/calendar functionality

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 16:27:28 BST 2004

Hi

On Mon 18-Oct-2004 at 11:07:29AM -0400, Sam Tregar wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Chris Croome wrote:
>
> > Actually, in addition to the fact that the Headlines component
> > is for listing documents on the local site and RSS is used for
> > linking to external sites there is also another difference
>
> Would you mind elaborating on this point?  How does the RSS link
> to external sites?  My expectation looking at the code would be
> that it only links to internal documents.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear. The RSS component is designed to enable
syndicated headlines from other web sites to be incorporated into
MKDoc web sites, for example slashdot headlines are listed at the
end of this page using a RSS component:

  http://testers.mkdoc.com/2004/july/test/

Of course one can use a RSS component to load a RSS feed from the
same site but this is pointless since it will be a lot slower to
reflect updates then using a headlines component.