[MKDoc-dev] Request for feature

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 18:10:25 GMT 2004

Hi

On Tue 23-Nov-2004 at 10:59:59AM -0500, juanbro at pivot.net wrote:

> I'd like to start using MKDoc but it is missing a feature that I
> think many users could use - a form handler. Even just a simple
> form-to-email handler would e great.

I agree, we have discussed this several times in the past, perhaps
we should work up a spec for one?

I have been using soupermail, http://soupermail.sf.net/ for this.

> It appears that all requests to a server running MKDoc are handled
> by MKDoc.pm, so I'm unsure how I would get another script to run -
> e.g.  www.example.com/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl. (For that matter, how I
> would serve up a static HTML file, independent of MKDoc? - e.g.
> www.example.com/file.html).

What I have been doing is setting up a seperate directory for
scripts like this and then using a ScriptAlias (which _must_ come
before the alias for /) like this:

  ScriptAlias /.form /path/to/script.cgi

> I wonder if you would consider adding such a form handler? Or,
> perhaps a 'how to' on integrating something like FormMail?

I'll try and get a how to intergrate other cgi scripts done this
week.