[MKDoc-admin] Home page does not appear

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 14:32:39 GMT 2003

Hi Gwil

On Tue 04-Feb-2003 at 01:46:36PM -0000, g.t.selwood at adm.leeds.ac.uk
wrote:

> > Do any of the templates other than the default one work?
>
> Regret that using another template does not result in the home
> page appearing - haven't yet approached Mike Preston about the
> error log yet.

I think that is probably the next thing to do then. I'd suggest
doing a 'tail -f' on the error log and then requestion the page and
seeing if there are any message that are or any help.

> Sitemap works
> http://www.equality.leeds.ac.uk/sitemap.html
>
> As does
> http://www.equality.leeds.ac.uk/search.htm
>
> Strangely if you search for "the equality unit" from the public
> view the breadcrumb picks it but the search fails to find any ref
> to the equality unit (!)

Hmm, that shouldn't be the case :-(

> Everything is visible in the editor mode.

The home page works in the editor mode? If so can you create
additional documents?

> Is there any way of removing the home page and starting again (
> even by manually editing the sql)? - there is no option to do this
> as far as I can see.

Yes, this could be done at a SQL level.

> What happens immediatelly after the install - is a test home page
> created or does it force the first editor to make the homepage?

The home page is created by the installer, it has no content and it
is called 'Root document'.

> I've tried your suggestion with the templates and it works fine -
> I'm editing them in Dreamweaver and this is going to result in a
> page style we like so I don't anticipate this being a problem
> again.

Great :-)

everything else                               http://chris.croome.net/