[MKDoc-admin] Home page does not appear

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 12:05:11 GMT 2003

Hi Gwil

Hmm, that's strange, I don't suppose that the Apache logs have any
useful info in them?

On Tue 04-Feb-2003 at 11:52:46AM -0000, g.t.selwood at adm.leeds.ac.uk
wrote:

> I think I may have effected the integrity of our home page as a
> result of trying to change the templates via ftp although I did
> back up and replace the originals afterwards.  The home page of
> www.equality.leeds.ac.uk does now not go on public view
> irrespective of the cache settings
>
> You can get to http://www.equality.leeds.ac.uk/search.html and
> equality unit is linked but no page shows
>
> I'd like to have a home page with all the search stuff at the
> bottom of the page as to accommodate our banner logo eg as per
>
> http://www.leeds.ac.uk/disabilityservices/newsite
>
> Please
>
> - Can you help me make the homepage go on public view

If you go to the document properties page in the editor interface
--it's at an address like this:

  http://editor.equality.leeds.ac.uk/?admin=document_modify_metadata_form

Do any of the templates other than the default one work?

> - Can you tell me what I need to move / delete  to get an
> appropriate template

The document templates are all in templates/explorer/document/

The easiest thing to do if you are only going to be doing the site
in english is to copy the default directory and the en.html file
to a new directory and to have a play with that -- any directory
that is a sub-directory of /document/ and has a en.html file in it
will appear of the select list of templates to choose from for
documents.

Hope this helps,

everything else                               http://chris.croome.net/