[multikulti-tech] Installing downloaded fonts

Dan McQuillan dmcquillan at lasa.org.uk
Wed Jan 21 17:08:53 GMT 2004

hi janice

>Message = I have gone to the control panel and clicked on the
>file menu and there is no option for install new font there.

i'm just guessing, but i think you may have missed a step.

it's not the file menu in the control panel that you need, but the file menu in the fonts folder, which is in the control panel.

as it says on the multikulti help page http://www.multikulti.org.uk/help/installing-fonts/

# Choose Start, Settings, and then Control Panel.
# Open the Fonts folder.
# On the File menu, choose Install New Font.
# The Add Fonts dialog box appears.
... and so on.

>Is there some other way that I can install fonts without going
>through the control panel?

If that doesn't work then yes, you can alternatively install a font by copying it directly in to the font folder.
the location of the folder will depend a bit on what version of windows you have: i am running win98, and on my PC the fonts folder is c:\windows\fonts.

hope that helps

dan mcquillan
[Dr. Dan McQuillan / Multikulti project / 020 7377 1226 / www.multikulti.org.uk ]