[webarch-xen1] Problems with virtual servers keeping time

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed Oct 2 12:19:20 GMT 2013

Hi

The good news is that the server has been stable since the motherboard
was swapped.

The bad new is that although the hardware clock is keeping time OK there
seems to be issues with the virtual servers keeping the correct time. We
are not sure why this is and are still trying to solve this issue.

In the meantime we have added cron jobs to some of the virtual server to
update the clock using rdate, eg:

  * * * * * rdate -s ntp.demon.co.uk

You can test how the server time compares to the time server like this:

  date ; rdate -s ntp.demon.co.uk ; date

We will let you know what we have solved this problem.

All the best

Webarchitects Co-operative
http://webarchitects.coop/
+44 114 276 9709