[webarch-wp] Welcome to the Webarchitects WordPress Email List

Chris Croome info at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 10:11:29 GMT 2014

Hi

Following feedback we would like to clarify a few things:

- Once you have updated to the latest version of WordPress it will
  potentially update itself automatically, but plugins and themes still
  need manually updating. You can use this plugin to test if automatic
  updates will work for your site:

  https://wordpress.org/plugins/background-update-tester/

- The Better WP Security plugin does have the ability to make a mess of
  WordPress sites if not used with care, we suggest only using it to
  limit login attempts unless you fully understand what the other
  options do.

  https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-wp-security/

- We do have backups of databases and files but we suggest you take your
  own before doing a major upgrade, you can backup your files using
  (S)FTP and your database using phpMyAdmin.

- If you need us to restore your files or database from a backup this is
  something we would charge for this based on the time it takes us to do
  this.

  https://webarch.net/pricing

All the best

Webarchitects Co-operative