[webarch-websites] Using subversion to edit the Webarchitects new site content

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 15:17:20 GMT 2016

Hi

Updating my previous email with the new URLs for Jonathan.

First check out the site files:

  svn co https://svn.webarch.net/webarchcoop/webarch/

Then cd into the new webarch directory and open the .shtml files in a
text editor to change them.

Note that the title of the page is contained in a variable at the top of the
page, for example:

  value="Webarchitects Co-operative"

And the description / first sentence of the page is also in a variable (and
therefore can't contain HTML), for example:

  value="Webarchitects is a Sheffield based, small and friendly, multi-stakeholder co-operative which provides ethical and green, web hosting, virtual servers and GNU/Linux sysadmin support services."

The keywords variable is optional.

After the heading variables and an include simple HTML can be used, for
columns use the Pure grid system:

  http://purecss.io/grids/

Or just leave the layout to me.

When you have made some changes you can commit these this this:

  svn ci file.shtml

The checked out version of the site, currently here,
http://www.dev.webarch.net/ won't automatically change when you do this
-- email me to ask for it to be updated to the latest version of the
files.

You can browse the raw HTML here to check your changes have been
committed:

  https://svn.webarch.net/webarchcoop/webarch/

All the best

Webarchitects Co-operative