[webarch-websites] Wiki for documentation, was: Re: support tools links in https://webarch-dev.host1.webarch.net

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 20:31:25 GMT 2015

Hi

On Mon 02-Mar-2015 at 02:29:05PM +0000, Jonathan wrote:

> PS ... re setting up a MediaWiki Q & A the idea (which we're thinking
> of) is to invite co-op members *only* to have access to this, rather
> than a free-for-all (which could generate an unmanageable load of work
> I guess)
>
> From the ticketing system, for a long time, I've been picking out
> suitable Q & A's (answered succesfully) and editing these by hand
> ready for putting into a Q & A online. I'll try to get time in the
> next few days to turn this into MediaWiki content

I have set up a site for this:

- https://docs.webarch.net/wiki/Main_Page

I'll create accounts for people once I have documented how to do it, so
far I have started to document how people can use our hosting service to
host MediaWiki sites:

- https://docs.webarch.net/wiki/MediaWiki

Next I'll copy content from these sites:

- https://www.webarch.net/docs/
- https://ecodissident.net/wiki/Main_Page

And when that has been done redirects can be put in place for the old
URLs.

Once we have got a decent amount of content in place I suggest we could
then announce it and invite members to help with it.

All the best

Chris

PS I have also set up a Parsoid server which clients running MediaWiki
   can use (this is needed by the WYSIWYG editor):

   - https://docs.webarch.net/wiki/MediaWiki#VisualEditor

--
Webarchitects Co-operative
http://webarchitects.coop/