[webarch-websites] Welcome to the Webarchitects websites list!

Mark Nielsen m at m9n.uk
Tue Oct 28 10:18:40 GMT 2014

Nick Hardiman wrote:

> Does the membership list include usability experts who will chip in for
> free?

I do responsive HTML/CSS and usability. Happy to contribute. I develop CSS
with the SASS preprocessor, most often with Bourbon (http://bourbon.io/).

Nick Hardiman wrote:

> > Chris Croome wrote:
> > - What application(s) are we going to use for the sites? I have been
> >  playing with http://jekyllrb.com/ but Alan would prefer something
> >  written in python rather than ruby. Suggestions?
> http://getnikola.com
> https://github.com/getnikola/nikola/blob/master/nikola/nikola.py

I've just started building my own personal site with Jeykll, but would be
OK working on Nikola if that's preferred.

Nick Hardiman wrote:

> > Chris Croome wrote:

> - What are we going to have on what site? I think that perhaps reducing
> >  ecodissident.net and ecohost.coop to single pages sites (and perhaps
> >  create a sysadmin.coop single page site) and then have everything else
> >  on webarch.net might be a way to go.
> Any information architects hanging out with the UX people?

Yeah, I do information architecture.  I'd usually start by asking you about
your marketing plan - or even simpler, just a bulleted list of the things
that you're offering on each website, ordered with the things that result
in the most money and fun at the top of the list.

Best wishes,
Mark.