[webarch-websites] "UKFast is now a carbon neutral business"

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 13:40:59 GMT 2014

Hi

On Sun 07-Dec-2014 at 09:58:04AM +0000, Nick Hardiman wrote:
> What is PAS 2060?
>
> "UKFast has achieved PAS 2060 - making us the 1st carbon neutral
> hosting company in the UK"
> https://www.ukfast.co.uk/carbon-neutral-hosting.html

A certification, one of our clients could answer this question better:

- http://carbon3it.com/

My understanding of these certifications is that they are very expensive
-- it's not something that the small data centre we use could consider.

This, from ukfast is interesting:

  "the first hosting provider to offer hosted solutions powered by
  hydro-electricity"

I wonder if their data centre is directly powered by a Scottish or Welsh
dam or if they are simply *paying* for electricity from a supplier who
buys electricity from hydro generators, I suspect the latter.

All the best

Webarchitects Co-operative
http://webarchitects.coop/
+44 114 276 9709