[Petal] Style Sheet difficulties

garry espe garry.espe at chsinc.com
Thu May 5 18:54:14 BST 2005

I have been experimenting with petal templates and perl.  I am having no luck
incorporating style sheets.  I copied a style sheet that I use with  a
python-tal application.  It should be as simple as referencing the file with a
STYLE tag, then using the classes in the html pages.  I cannot get it to work!
I admit I am a rank rookie with respect to style sheets.  I suspect that
rookieness really is the source of the problem.  Still I would appreciate any
help that can be offered.

Here is the snippet of code that references the style sheet file:

	<head>
	<!--
	@import url(style.css);
	-->
	</head>

Here are the first few lines of css code from style.css:
td.page-header-left {
  padding: 5px;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #444444;
}

And here are the error messages in the apache log:

[Thu May  5 11:22:02 2005] [error] [client 172.31.36.67]  Bareword found where
operator expected at /var/www/perl/style.css line 2, near "5px"
	(Missing operator before px?)

Thu May  5 11:22:22 2005] [error] syntax error at /var/www/perl/style.css line
2, near "5px" syntax error at /var/www/perl/style.css line 3, near "bottom:"
syntax error at /var/www/perl/style.css line 7, near "5px"