[Petal] [BUG] translated fragments get cached in last accessed language

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 15:22:15 GMT 2005

Hi

On Mon 14-Mar-2005 at 10:04:10AM -0500, William McKee wrote:

> BTW, what's the status of i18n support in Petal these days? I
> notice that the Petal::I18N module clearly marks it as beta by the
> description--"Attempt at implementing ZPT I18N for Petal". I
> haven't needed it yet but have seen some folks asking about
> engines that support it and would love to recommend our project.

It's fine I think, I have almost added i18n attributes to all the
MKDoc 1.8 templates and we are using i18nFool for generating .po
files:

  http://search.cpan.org/~bpostle/I18NFool-0.31/lib/I18NFool.pm

And there are some instructions here for working with .po files:

  http://www.mkdoc.org/docs/howto/translate/

What we haven't yet done is deploy MKDoc 1.8 for a production site
with translated templates so although I think it all works OK I'm
not 100% sure :-)