[Petal] Dynamic metal includes?

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Mar 14 14:01:14 GMT 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 01:31:12PM -0000, Simon McCaughey wrote:
> Thanks, I got it to do exactly what I wanted, I didn't realise that you
> could use the Petal::Hash::Include module to include metal macros (I should
> have just tried it)

Glad to hear it worked for you.

> I would like to help you out by wrapping it up, can you give me some
> pointers on what needs done?

Check out the project from the SF cvs[1] and see the README file for the
section called Contributing (near the end of the file). Let me know if
you have any questions.

> IMHO this is the biggest thing that petal is missing. The only other thing
> I would like to see would be a method for printing debug errors at the
> bottom of the webpage
>
> <pre tal:content="global_errors"/>

We could probably hack that into a modifier that accepts no arguments
(if Petal doesn't balk), but I'm not sure where the info would be coming
from to populate the pre tag. I use something similar in my applications
but set the errror key explicitly when my method fails. Please try to
explain in more detail.

Thanks,
William

[1] http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=97104