[Petal] Who is using Petal::Parser::HTB?

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Jan 24 17:17:03 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 03:56:01PM +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:
> I'll add the Makefile.PL patch anyway and do a release (you are also
> welcome to take-over maintenance of this one if you like).

Thanks but no thanks. My masterplan is to get Petal working under TT3 in
which case we'll have no need for our own parser (I hope). Unfortunately
I have only begun to look at TT3[1] so don't know what is going to be
involved.

Seems that the goal of TT3 is to be for templates what DBI is for
databases. This would allow cool (and potentially dangerous)
capabilities such as multiplexing template directives so that both Petal
and TT3 directives could be used in a single template. I think the first
step will be determining whether the scanner[2] will be able to parse
tags the way we need.

> Looking at the code it seems you are right - There is no support for
> metal when using P::P::HTB.  Though this might be quite easy to add.

Yeah, I considered that option but don't need it once I migrate my
templates to be validating XHTML which is important since I'm using
Petal under mod_perl for several projects.

Thanks,
William

[1] http://tt3.template-toolkit.org/
[2] http://tt3.template-toolkit.org/design/scanner.html