[Petal] UTF8 under Perl 5.6.1

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Mon Feb 28 20:57:45 GMT 2005

On Mon 28-Feb-2005 at 15:23 -0500, William McKee wrote:

> BTW, can anyone tell me how to generate a recursive diff that
> includes the primary module? For instance, here's the basic syntax
> of the command-line I used to generate this attachment:
>
>  diff -ru ~/MKDoc-XML-0.74/lib/MKDoc ~/client1/perl5/MKDoc
>
> However, that does not include modifications to MKDoc.pm (not that
> I made any). Would that have to be submitted as a separate patch
> or is it possible to concatenate these?

I don't think it is practical to modify an installed perl module and
then diff it against the contents of the original tarball.

You should be making changes to the 'source' and then installing that:

  perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=~/client1/perl5
  make test
  make install

That way it is easy to keep the different perl modules separate.

(also you diff'ed against the 0.74 tarball, so your patch rolls-back
all the changes since MKDoc-XML-0.72 - In addition to your own changes)

--
Bruno