[Petal] More on entities and  - SOLVED

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Wed May 5 20:42:08 BST 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 09:54:33AM +0200, Michele Beltrame wrote:
> > If I specify the charset in the call to header(), all is well.
> > Personally, I think this is a bit heavy-handed of CGI.pm to force the
> > content-type. I'm not convinced it is a bug but it's darn close!
>
> CGI.pm documentation reports this:

Yeah, I came across that bit of documentation after sending the message.
I guess that I've just never really been aware of the fact nor have I
seen it mentioned as a potential problem on any of the mailing lists I
read. Now we know!

It would be nice if CGI.pm checked the default settings in Apache's
httpd.conf or auto-detected the format of the outgoing data but those
capabilities are probably asking a bit too much.

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.