[Petal]   to  mystery

Mark Holland mark at thinkfoo.com
Sun Jan 18 00:15:38 GMT 2004

Hi Everybody,

I think I might have figured out the   coming out as  mystery.
Seems the problem is my browser was expecting a document encoded in
iso-8859-1 (latin1) but was getting utf-8. I fixed the problem by making
sure the browser knew the encoding was utf-8 by either putting it in the
http headers:

.. or as a meta tag:

Now everything seems fine and it accounts for why I could only see the
weird characters in my browser, not in my terminal.

Cheers,
mark