[Petal] Petal::Mail observations

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Thu Jan 15 06:20:34 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 12:52:27AM -0500, William McKee wrote:
> On another note, I realized that I could probably use P::M to process my
> email template then take the output of the process function and send it
> to a module such as Net::SMTP.

In a classic talking-before-doing style, I sent this email before making
the above work. It seemed obvious enough but I was getting back zilch
when I hooked Petal::Mail into my existing application. Turns out the
setting $Petal::INPUT and $Petal::OUTPUT to XHTML will cause the emails
to not get processed! I was going to add a note about this to the docs
but then realized that the function sections are a bit screwy. Could you
make a note that these need to be set to XML for this module?

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.