entity (was [Petal] HTB and entities)

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Tue Jan 13 01:19:23 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:00:38PM +0000, Chris Croome wrote:
> I extect it's because XML only has a few named entities unlike HTML
> and XHTML that have a lot of names entities -- AFAIK Petal just
> worsk with XML named entities at the moment? I'm sure this has come
> up several times on this list before.... I'll do some digging in the
> archives if I get a chance...

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. That makes sense that Petal would only work
with XML entities (seems like I remember JM saying as much in a previous
message). However, it must be doing something with these other entites
that it doesn't understand (like  ). It seems to me that 2.0
simply removes the entity; however, Petal::Parser::HTB is converting it
to another element. I'd prefer the former but consider both a bug since
Petal isn't honoring the DTD that I've defined for my templates.

> Are you using the --dtdvalid option with xmllint?

I wasn't but using it doesn't help. xmllint still complains about the
nbsp entity and then throws errors for all of my Petal tags :(.

Thanks!
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.