entity (was [Petal] HTB and entities)

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 12:00:38 GMT 2004

Hi

On Wed 07-Jan-2004 at 02:15:27PM -0500, William McKee wrote:

> While researching information about why xmllint was giving me flak
> about   (Entity 'nbsp' not defined),

I extect it's because XML only has a few named entities unlike HTML
and XHTML that have a lot of names entities -- AFAIK Petal just
worsk with XML named entities at the moment? I'm sure this has come
up several times on this list before.... I'll do some digging in the
archives if I get a chance...

> My DTD in the document being evaluated by xmllint is as follows:

>     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Are you using the --dtdvalid option with xmllint?

  xmllint --dtdvalid http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd foo.html