[Petal] Encode->_utf8_on problems

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Fri Oct 31 13:24:59 GMT 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:19:10AM -0500, William McKee wrote:
> I have attached the debug file. This looks like a problem with his
> version of Encode. The weird thing is that I don't even have Encode
> installed on my system and the template works fine.

A bit more info on this error message:

	- he's using ActivePerl on Windows
	- Encode is v1.83 (current is 1.98)

Upgrading to Petal 1.10_09 solved the problem. I checked CPAN for Encode
1.83 but could only find 1.80. It looks like Encode has supported utf8
functions for quite awhile so don't know why Petal would cause the
error. Upgrading Petal appears to be the best solution. I would have had
him try to upgrade Encode but that requires a C compiler.

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com