[Petal] [TRICK] Custom modifiers in your applications with Petal

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Thu May 29 15:07:33 BST 2003

> I'm particularly interested in the config object. It sounds like you
> are using this object to build a config page that allows a user to
> modify the values stored by your application. I have a need for such a
> solution RSN.

Unfortunately I'm not, I'm just doing that to fetch some config
values... I have a module that'll turn an XML file into a text email,
and I'm using Petal to produce the XML file, and some of the values
(From, CC, Organization...) need to be taken out of the config.

As for your problem, if you need a quick solution you can always store
the config in a database, re-write your config module to attack the
database (using the same API), and use an open-source database web admin
tool as an interface to your config (I know, it always sounds easier
than it is...)

Of course the only bit of config that you could not administrate would
be the database connection parameters themselves.

Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/