[Petal] [BUG] can't set variables to static values

Steve Purkis spurkis at quiup.com
Thu May 22 16:12:24 BST 2003

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 02:58  pm, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

>> The docs on 'define' lead me to believe I should be able to do the
>> above (ie: isn't '1' just an expression?)
>
> Yes, '1' is an expression that designates the variable named '1'.
> The litteral '1' would be 'string:1'.

Good - so I was just being stupid :)

But now I've run into another problem...  this produces an error:

		<?var name="set: lang/fu string:1"?>

	lang-fu: $lang/fu

It lets me set lang/fu fine (ie: if I take out the last line, it
works).  And I've tried variations on the theme to no avail.  Any ideas?

Regards,
-Steve