[Petal] Re: Petal: proposed patch

Mark Holland mark at thinkfoo.com
Tue May 20 00:55:45 BST 2003

Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

>I've CC'ed this message on the Petal mailing list just to know what
>everybody else thinks.

I can see the advantage of being able to pass these parameters to the
constructor. My Petal/Mason setup currently has the @BASE_DIR set to the
Mason component root, and I calculate the path to the template each time
I process a template. However, using this method I could calculate the
base_dir for each component indivdually.

Also, I could imagine a situation in the future where I may need to
change the input/output type for a specific template. Being able to pass
these params to the constructor rather than temporarily changing the
global INPUT/OUTPUT variables would be preferable for me.

Cheers,
Mark