[Petal] Petal in the Perl Journal

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Fri Jul 11 12:20:00 BST 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 09:35  am, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I received this (attached) email this morning... Basically the Perl
> Journal wants an article covering Petal, and there's a little $ 350 for
> it too!
>
> Since Fergal has done a lot of work on Petal and seems to be looking
> for
> a job, I was thinking that he could come up with a first mock-up which
> we could collectively proof-read / patch on the list.
>
> Then despite the fact that this would be mainly a collective effort
> Fergal could get this little bit of money for his most generous
> improvements on Petal and also because he might need it...
>
> What do you guys think?

Assuming he's up for it, I think it would be a better idea to let
Fergal take the job on completely.  I'm not saying the article
shouldn't be submitted to the list for proofreading, but if Fergal is
responsible for it then he gets an article published in TPJ.  Certainly
not a bad thing ;-).

Regards,
-Steve