[Petal] Petal 0.82 Released

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Mon Jan 27 15:49:25 GMT 2003

Hi List,

As promessed on the list I've made a few changes to Petal today... on
the menu for this release:

Bugfixes
--------

* Fixed the omit-tag bug
* Fixed a couple of documentation bugs

Command line toys
-----------------

You can now see the canonical template for a given template with the
following command:

    perl -MPetal -e canonical some_template.xml

You can also see the equivalent Perl code with:

   perl -MPetal -e code some_template.xml

Or the perl code with line numbers with:

   perl -MPetal -e lcode some_template.xml

By default, input / output is XML, but it can be changed, for example:

   export PETAL_INPUT=XHTML
   export PETAL_OUTPUT=XHTML
   perl -MPetal -e lcode some_template.xml

Limited support for XIncludes:
------------------------------

Where basically you do:

  <tag xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
    <xi:include href="../header/en.xml" />
  </tag>

While I was working on includes, I also added a protection against
infinite includes. Petal will no longer recursively include more than
$Petal::MAX_INCLUDES, which is set by default to 30.

The tests and documentation have been amended accordingly... Give me a
shout on the list if you run into trouble.

Happy Petaling!
Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/