[Petal] BUG: omit-tag does not work properly in XHTML output mode

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Mon Jan 27 11:48:41 GMT 2003

On Sat 25-Jan-2003 at 02:43:50PM -0500, Kurt Stephens wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I found a bug in Petal-0.81 using the omit-tag attribute when $Petal::OUTPUT
> = 'XHTML'.  Petal erroneously adds an end tag corresponding to the omitted
> element.  I have attached files demonstrating this case.  I have not yet had
> a chance to track down the offending code, but will try to do so if I get
> the chance.  I suspect that it's probably somewhere in
> Petal::Canonicalizer::XHTML.

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for your useful bug report. I've got to thank everybody on the
list for being clued up people who submit nice bug reports rather than
just saying "it doesn't work" :-)

Thanks to your test the bug was trivial to find, it'll be fixed in the
release .82 on which I'm working now...

Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/