[Petal] Hi Petal Users!

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Thu Jan 16 10:55:11 GMT 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 04:03:57PM +0000, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> Mind you, with a bit of work it should be possible to get Petal to use
> Template Toolkit's XS engine if it's available... should I consider
> doing that as the next item on my TODO list?

I like this idea. As you said the old guard kind of keeps Petal out of
the limelight as far as templating solutions go. I think that doing as
the cuckoo and inserting Petal inside existing solutions makes a lot of
sense. Hopefully Josh will write back soon with some details about how
he did this with Mason.

> And now for a bit of shameless ad... I won't do any serious work on
> Petal for a little longer because I'm currently working on a triple
> store module (a .01 version is on CPAN in my home directory) on which I
> intend to build a nice queriable object persistency layer which
> hopefully will be the perfect complement for developing web applications
> with Petal :-)

Well, if it's as brilliant as Petal, I'm sure you'll find several beta
testers here.

Best wishes,
William

--