Using Petal with Mason (was Re: [Petal] Hi Petal Users!)

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Tue Jan 14 11:01:12 GMT 2003

On (14/01/03 16:33), Holland, Mark wrote:
> Previously I was using Mason's template system which, whilst not terrible,
> doesn't really allow for proper separation of code from HTML. I have since
> integrated Petal with Mason's component system and it works beautifully.
> Each component object automatically picks up it's corresponding template,
> and by transparently passing Mason's global $m object to each template I
> automatically have access to all sorts of information such as session info
> etc..

Mark, would you please give more details about how you made this work?
I've been thinking about trying Mason but do not wish to use their
ASP-like template syntax which mixes code and design. I've read about
their efforts to incorporate other templating systems but had not heard
of anyone successfully using Petal.

> That aside, Petal walks all over other template systems and is a brilliant
> tool.

Amen!

William