[Petal] Can't use hyphen in element tag?

Ronald Hayden rhayden at apple.com
Mon Feb 24 17:31:08 GMT 2003

Apologies if this is a FAQ -- I just joined the list, and didn't come
up with anything searching the archive.

I'm using Petal to generate formatting objects files (XSL-FO).  I'm
evaluating the RenderX product, which has a bookmark extension that
uses the element:

<rx:bookmark-label>

Unfortunately, Petal seems to be crunching this down to:

<rx:bookmark>

Which causes everything to go haywire in processing.

I did some testing, and it appears this happens to any element with a
hyphen.  We have no choice but to use this tag-name...any suggestions?

  -- Ron Hayden